What Types of Non-invasive Pain Management Techniques are Available?
More and more, people suffering from chronic pain, including arthritis, nerve problems, or whiplash injuries have found the most successful remedy for their pain is not surgery or medication, but non-invasive pain management techniques. Instead of treating only the pain signals, Aligned Medical Group takes a holistic approach and looks at the causes of pain, irritation, and distress, with the goal of naturally correcting the underlying issues. Here are the some of the most common non invasive pain management techniques Aligned Medical Group uses:
- Therapeutic Massage: Therapeutic massage is a common non-invasive pain management technique that reduces tension in the muscles and joints. Relieving both stress and anxiety, it can also distract or override your pain signals with a competing sensation. This type of massage stimulates blood flow to problem areas and throughout the body to reduce swelling and stiffness, and encourage the healing process.
- Chiropractic Care: Typically paired with other methods of non-invasive pain management, chiropractic adjustments can provide immediate pain relief. Muscle and spinal manipulations can relieve pressure on cartilage, pinched nerves, muscles, or realign joints that have slipped out of place. Each chiropractic visit promotes the healing process by focusing on increasing circulation to improve the mobility of the spine and other joints.
- Exercise & Stretching Techniques: Safely increasing your mobility through exercise at home can drastically reduce your pain, lower your anxiety levels and increase your overall well being. At Aligned Medical Group, you’ll get a customized, easy to follow exercise and stretching routine that specifically targets your problem areas. These non-invasive pain management techniques will help your overall strength and flexibility making it easier for your body to heal and avoid future setbacks. These techniques can be especially effective in reducing chronic headaches and arthritis pain.
- Functional Medicine: Holistic and non-invasive pain management techniques support your well being by looking at the balance of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and bacteria in your body. Diagnostic testing can make it clear what is causing conditions like autoimmune disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fatigue, bloating and weight gain. Mineral and/or hormonal imbalances can be caused by alcohol, smoking, sugar intake, food sensitivities, allergies, heavy metal accumulation, or medications that affect your body’s ability to stay balanced. Our functional nutrition experts can recommend the proper nutrition plan that will get your body back in balance.
- Cell-Based Therapies: Holistic medicine practitioners use cell-based therapies to stimulate the body’s ability to heal. The goal of this non-invasive pain management technique is to heal or regenerate the cells of tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints to reduce pain and restore function and range of motion. Unlike medications that can have serious side effects, cell based therapies are considered safe because they are all natural.
What is the Advantage of Non-invasive Pain Management Techniques?
Recently, there has been increasing support and evidence showing that non-invasive pain management techniques and complementary therapies are essential for alleviating pain and managing future recurrences. Importantly, there is minimal risk of unpleasant side effects, like medication addiction or withdrawal. With the advantage of being more adaptable and easier on the body, these cost effective techniques are successful at managing chronic pain problems without invasive surgeries or problematic medications.
What are Some Non-surgical Pain Management Techniques?
When non-invasive pain management techniques like therapeutic massage and chiropractic adjustments don’t do enough, there are additional options available as alternatives to surgery. Focused, ball-like knots in the muscle tissue that cause frequent muscle aches, headaches, tension, or postural fatigue are called trigger points. As a treatment, trigger point injections of medication, injected directly into these trigger point locations calms the muscles and nerve tissues with minimal risk of side effects.
Another non-invasive pain management technique that helps stimulate the body’s natural healing process involves cell-based therapies. These therapies are applicable for chronic disease and serious nerve, tendon, ligament or cartilage damage. The use of cell biologics help your cells repair and heal themselves. One therapy uses platelet rich plasma from your own blood, with concentrated proteins that stimulate cell growth and repair. There is also the option to use umbilical cord tissue with high concentrations of exosomes and cells that encourage cell communication and regeneration capabilities.
Visit Aligned Medical Group to Discuss Non-Invasive Pain Management Techniques Today!
Treating your chronic pain with non-invasive pain management techniques is quickly gaining momentum among patients and medical professionals. At Aligned Medical Group, we take a holistic approach to treating patients with complementary therapies. Our experienced medical staff treat you with techniques that have few side effects and require minimal recovery time. Contact Aligned Medical Group today for an appointment and get started on your path to living a pain free life!