Arthritis Care and Treatment in Malvern, PA
Types of Arthritis We Treat
Inflammatory Arthritis – Inflammatory arthritis involves your entire system and may deteriorate or even fuse joints in your body at multiple locations. Affected joints become inflamed and painful and worsen over time. Multiple problems can occur throughout your body and affect your hair, skin, nails, and even organs, depending on the type of arthritis. A few types of inflammatory arthritis include Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Lupus, and Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Osteoarthritis Arthritis – Non-inflammatory arthritis, or osteoarthritis, is sometimes called “aging arthritis” because it takes time to show up. Osteoarthritis is not a systemic condition like Inflammatory Arthritis, therefore will only affect a problematic joint -see below for “Causes”. Osteoarthritis is progressive, meaning once it starts, it is not likely to stop worsening. Also, Osteoarthritis is degenerative, meaning that it breaks down the normal and healthy tissue within a joint. It may affect knees, toes, shoulders, hips, wrists, or anywhere along the spine. Any place in your body where two bones meet together to form a joint may be affected. Joints become dry, cartilage thins and tears, bone spurs form, spinal discs flatten and degenerate, and over time, mobility can become greatly reduced. The final stage of Osteoarthritis is often called “bone on bone,” and this occurs when there is little to no cartilage left in the joint.
Aligned Medical Group’s Arthritis Care Treatment Options
- A Holistic Approach: Aligned Medical Group uses a holistic approach to arthritis care. Rather than focus on one specific painful joint, this approach evaluates the entire body and how it functions as a whole. To achieve better outcomes for arthritis patients, our holistic approach incorporates different disciplines, including chiropractic care, cell and tissue biologics, therapeutic massage, functional medicine and nutrition, guided home exercise programs, and trigger point injections.
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic care is a great non-invasive arthritis care treatment option. In addition to improving joint mobility to speed up healing, chiropractic manipulation reduces inflammation and muscle tension, resulting in improved range of motion and better mobility for patients.
- Cell and Tissue Biologics: Injecting autologous biologics (cells derived from you) or allogeneic cells (cells donated by someone else) is a good option for arthritis care and treatment. These cells work with the body’s innate ability to heal the degenerating joint.
- Massage Therapy: This is a relaxing and therapeutic arthritis care technique for patients with chronic pain. Not only is this treatment effective for many patients, it is safe and natural with no side effects or complications that could be associated with drugs or surgery.
What Our Patients Are Saying About Our Arthritis Care Treatment
“I came to Aligned Medical Group in a post surgical splint looking for help to avoid my 9th osteoarthritis surgery to my shoulder in 2020. Their full body approach not only avoided shoulder surgery, their treatment encompassed my full body joint issues. Took a positive leap of faith by my desire to be healthy and healed. I have never felt better! Cannot promote this practice enough. My strides have been tremendous and cannot thank you enough!” – A.E.
Osteoarthritis and Normal Aging
Osteoarthritis is not normal aging. Some doctors may dismiss having Osteoarthritis as normal aging because it is common and takes years to decades to show up. If Osteoarthritis was normal aging, then you would see it in all your joints with similar severities. When we take X-rays of our patients’ joints, however, many joints can look perfectly normal, whereas other joints are severely arthritic. When we find mild arthritis in a younger patient, it is even more important that the person understands arthritis and what they can do to mitigate it through arthritis care, slow it down, or even stop it from progressing.
How Arthritis Treatment Can Reverse Arthritis
There are varied opinions regarding the reversal of Osteoarthritis. The general consensus is that once it starts, it progresses over time, but at Aligned Medical Group, we believe for some younger, healthier, and pro-active patients with milder cases, the process can reverse and improve. Left unmanaged, arthritis will progress faster. With the use of human cells and tissue products as arthritis care, the damage from arthritis can be reversed. Cell and tissue products do not treat arthritis directly, however are shown effective at repairing the damage from arthritis, which may stabilize the condition and give someone their life back.
Causes of Arthritis
Inflammatory Arthritis is caused by problems with one’s immune system. Since about 90% of the health of your immune system correlates with the health of your gut, links of auto-immune diseases are made with what we consume and how we maintain our guts.
Osteoarthritis is caused by problematic joint motion, and/or injury to a joint. Our joints rely on movement so the tissues can exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide, nutrition, and cellular waste. With a lack of motion in a joint, or an inactive joint, the tissues begin to degenerate. If a joint is injured, whether it is a sudden injury like whiplash or sprain, or if it is cumulative microtrauma over time with sports, occupational activities, for example, the injury may result in scar tissue which decreases the ability of the joint tissues to exchange nutrition. Other factors come into play which creates excess pressure and stress on weight bearing joints, again limiting the exchange of nutrition such as excess body weight, or tight muscles surrounding a joint. Remember that movement is the key to a healthy life, and motion is lotion on your joints.
If you are living with arthritis and want to learn more about how an integrative approach to arthritis care to better control your arthritis symptoms, call Aligned Medical Group, at 610-644-3166 to schedule a consultation.
Other Services from Aligned Medical Group:
- Human Cell and Tissue Biologics
- Pain Management
- Medical Weight Loss
- Chiropractic Care
- Non-surgical Treatment
- Pinched Nerve Treatment